Wednesday, May 4, 2011

MIM (Muffin In A Minute)



  This morning I had a MIM (Muffin In A Minute), but I also put some almond milk into it to turn it into an oatmeal, which I LOVE!! I got this off of the Atkins site: http://www.atkins.com/Recipes/ShowRecipe905/Muffin-in-a-Minute-(MIM).aspx.


Here's the recipe: 

Ingredients:
  • ¼ cup flax meal
  • ½ teaspoon baking powder 
  • 1 packet granular sugar substitute (sucralose) <---I use Splenda
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon 
  • 1 large egg 
  • 1 teaspoon butter
Directions:
1.    Put the dry ingredients in a coffee mug. Stir. Add the egg and the butter. Mix. Microwave 1 minute (or more).
2.    Take out and slice, butter and eat. 
Nutritional Information
Per Serving:


Net Carbs: 3.2 grams
Fiber: 9.4 grams
Protein: 12.2 grams
Fat: 17.3 grams
Calories: 235


Recipe Information:


Makes: 1 servings
Prep Time: 1
Marinate Time:
Cook Time: 1
Cool Time:


  To make the oatmeal, I had an extra packet of Splenda with mine because I like it really sweet, and then 1/2 cup of Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk. So you would have to add another 1.5g carbs for that. 
  There are other variations of this on the Atkins website. I haven't experimented with them.. YET.   http://www.atkins.com/Program/Phase1/WhatYouCanEatinthisPhase/AllAboutMIMs.aspx.

 I always have flaxmeal in my cupboard, there are a lot of low carb recipes that use it.


No comments:

Post a Comment